Joanne Slattery • DESIGNER • PRODUCTION ARTIST • firstname.lastname@example.org
SHOES FOR CREWS, West Palm Beach, FL 2005 – 2010 Graphic Designer
Shoes for Crews manufactures slip-resistant shoes for 3 distinct markets: Foodservice, Healthcare and Industrial. Responsible for print: catalogs, direct mail, wall posters, ads, packaging, hang tags, tradeshow booths, power point.
• Achieved modernization, simplification, and production savings in the redesign of 6 quarterly catalogs. Shoe positioning was based on data reports for each market in these styles: athletic, dress, casual, industrial; the result was above-average sales in a down economy. My responsibilities: 80% production and design, create templates supporting Sales efforts to ensure brand adherence, 20% photoshoots, color correction, press runs. Achieved an output of 680 pages every quarter in flawless condition.
EVANS HOTELS, San Diego, CA 2001-2003 Director of Advertising
Enhanced visibility through planning and negotiating national & regional advertising as well as direct mail venues for 4 resorts, 2 entertainment boats, 1 night club, 5 restaurants and a spa. Markets addressed were leisure, meetings, restaurants, entertainment, golf, weddings, spa.
• Plan, negotiate and place advertising according to brand and audience of each resort (ie: drew top celebrities from Hollywood to The Lodge)
• Introduce unique opportunities in various media (ie: The Price is Right) to attract new audiences for minimal cost
• Achieve significant savings of $80,000/year and more through negotiations
• Direct, design, schedule and traffic creative, implement online schedules
• Project Manage all advertising and sales support materials as well as all Resort needs (hotel directories, menus, etc.)
• Brand development of the launch of a new 5 Diamond, Leading Hotel of the World, The Lodge at Torrey Pines. Brand-based Spa (Scottish designer, Charles Renne Mackintosh), Championship golf course (Surroundings of Torrey Pines Cliffs) and Restaurant (A. R. Valentine)
• Photoshoots of The Lodge and new modern shots of existing hotels. URLs: http://lodgetorreypines.com, http://bahiaresort.com, http://catamaranresort.com
CHANEL, INC., New York, NY 1988-1999 Art Director & Graphic Designer
Design & production, direct staff, freelancers, photographers, and vendors in the creation of marketing and advertising material including campaigns, mailers, brochures, catalogs, packaging, posters, in-store collateral, inserts, electronic billboards, and product launching, while maintaining Brand.
• Ensure adherence to all brand identities for each segment of the business: fragrance, fashion, beauté
• Project Management of 75 jobs/quarter, project launches and special projects
• Design concepts to attract younger audiences while maintaining traditional customers
• Contribute to sales by increasing buyers understanding of products
• Achieve significant savings in product photoshoots through negotiations and photoshop
• Increase product demand and sales through sampling promotion
• Design in-store material to accommodate consumer needs resulting in increased counter sales
• Direct graphic team in the development of layout with understanding the purpose of the project
• Introduce computers, methods for tracking & scheduling jobs, computer archiving
• Liaison between Designers and Marketing Directors
SCHOLASTIC, INC., New York, NY 1984-1988 Art Director
Design & production, direct & supervise the work of staff and freelancers for monthly and bimonthly publications: Art&Man, Forecast, Co-Ed, Scope, Voice.
• Re-design, re-format and produce publications to make them more current, each with their own unique identity
• Supervise and mentor entry-level designers inclusive of time management
• Selected to create distinctive look for new magazines: (ie: American Heart Association, Noxell)
• Color correction press runs, quality control committee
• Liaison between editors, illustrators and designers
ADDITIONAL WORK HISTORY, Freelance Graphic Designer
Project design, corporate ID & brand development, campaigns, presentations, brochures, annual and quarterly reports, direct mail, billboards, magazine design layout and production, advertising, advertorial publishing, CDs, mailers, posters, newsletters.
Clients include: Twyla Tharp, Chryssalis and Denon Records, WPLJ Radio, Childrens Television Workshop, Video Magazine, PBS (Special Recognition: Innovative magazine design that generated national recognition and became the creative template for all PBS Stations), Artists of Palm Beach County, Remax.
SLATTERY WILL GET YOU EVERYWHERE